While St. Louis frets about the effect of the sucking down of its beloved Anheuser-Busch by the Belgian-Brazilian combo InBev, news comes that Chicago will be a beer capital once more, with the newly created MillerCoors combo calling us home.
- Guadalajara Guidance: The Best Jalisciense is in Chicago Many people from the Mexican state of Jalisco live in Chicago. Some of them open restaurants and serve traditional Jalisciense food and drink: torta ahogada, birria, carne en su jugo and tequila.
- In Cuba, Fidel Is Dead; In Chicago, His Spirit Lives On In 1998, some buddies and I went to Cuba to go scuba diving. As it turned out, a recent hurricane had churned up the water, visibility was zero, so diving was impossible. We ended up sitting on the beach for a week, drinking rum, smoking cigars and talking to the locals. Our talk, being Americans, was somewhat more unrestrained than…
- Big Heat 2019: Chicago’s Food and Drink 50 This year, we celebrate those people who stand behind or often beside the chefs, sommeliers and others who make and serve the best food and drink in the world. We’re talking about investors, restaurant groups, the purveyors—even the media!—and all the other people who work in their own ways to make Chicago the premier food city that it has become.…
- Big Heat 2018: Chicago’s Food and Drink Fifty This mutually supportive community is why Chicago has fostered one of the nation’s most vital culinary cultures.
- A Hungry World: Chicago Restaurants Feed the Food Insecure FoodShare, the Greater Chicago Food Depository, Food Lifeline and City Harvest are just a few of the intermediaries between those who prepare food and those who need it. There are many out there.
- Coffee, Tea or CBD: Cannabis Derivatives on Chicago Menus At some Chicago bars and restaurants, CBD is becoming a special, and sometimes off-menu, ingredient.